Kathleen Garber is running another Blogathon starting today. I’m planning on taking part as much as I can over the next three days whilst still enjoying my life! The suggestion is to aim for 24 TOTAL but NOT consecutive hours of blogging tasks but I can’t imagine I will get anywhere close to that. Last time I managed a total of 5 hours 30 mins.
Mini challenges will be available during the weekend. You’re free to choose which ones you want to do and do them when you can. You get a chance to win prizes and the more you do, the better your chance to win.
You can read about it and/or join in here.
Some things I might be spending time on:
1. Setting up Hootsuite and learning how to use it – have set it up but realise I’ll have to learn it as I go along
2. Creating lists for separate groups of people in Hootsuite – done as far as I can right now
3. Updating Twitter profile and backgrounds etc
4. Investigating Twitter chats – done
5. Setting up Mailchimp for my mailing list – in progress
6. Improving final confirmation sign up email
7. Installing pop-up domination plug-in to work with mail chimp
8. Making a header that contains my art
9. Coming up with a Social Media strategy
10. Brainstorming some ideas for blog posts that will be fun to write and interesting to read
11. Working out how to start using Twitter again and attending a Twitter party – done
12. Speeding up my site see https://www.biannualblogathonbash.com/category/blogging-tips/
13. Coming up with ideas for lead magnets
14. Researching creative commons licensing
15. Learning how to use Nextscripts
16. Learning how to use Tweetily
17. Setting up FB business page
18. Investigating Followerwonk
19. Investigating Klout.com – done
20. Add new boards to Pinterest for my own stuff
21. Making my home page show summaries rather than full blog post – done
22. Add profile and photos to Instagram – done
23. Update Social Media Profiles to be consistent – in progress
24. Change home page to split into 2 columns after first post?
25. Set up Feedblitz for feeds
26. Clear up my desk to have an inspiring work space – done
27. Clear and clean my room which has become a dumping ground – done
28. Add Stumble button to blog posts
To be honest a number of those things leave me cold but maybe the energy of the group will inspire me to get on with them. We’ll see. There’s plenty of stuff there that I’ll enjoy doing anyway. Not to mention the mini challenges which I’m sure I’ll have a go at. It all depends what else we get up to this weekend.
If you fancy joining in let me know and we can maybe encourage each other.
It’s well worth doing as, even if you don’t get stuff done during the challenge itself, it seems to magically get done later. At least that was my experience in the January Blogathon. I had 5 things on my list and only completed one during the challenge. The others I’ve done since without even thinking about them. And the one that isn’t done I no longer feel is important. Add to that the fact that I completed loads of stuff that wasn’t on my list and you’ll see that it’s definitely worth doing.
This time I’m going to get myself sorted with Twitter and attend a Twitter party (whatever that is). I’m anticipating that it will be even more fun, being in closer contact with others doing their own things.
If you’re even slightly tempted, even if you can only manage an hour or so, do join in. It’ll be fun!