A few weeks a go I came across Kathleen Garber’s Biannual Blogathon Bash and decided to sign up. The idea is to spend a weekend, in the “company” of others getting caught up all the stuff on your blogging to do list, aiming for a TOTAL of 24 but NOT consecutive hours of blogging tasks.
Included are a number of mini challenges that you can choose to do and which make you eligible for prizes. I had hoped to run a mini challenge myself, on dealing with writer’s block but, it turns out, the time available to me to be online is now limited – we’ve been invited to a Burn’s Night ceilidh that requires an overnight stay. I wasn’t about to say “no” to that in order to stay at home and work!
I’m still keen, however, to get as much done as I can before I go as I feel my blog situation is a little messy, to say the least.
I have 3 blogs in total but currently only post on this one so this is where my focus will be. Here’s the initial “to do” list:
1. I’ve been a bit confused about what the purpose for this site actually is so it would be nice if I could clarify that as I work on it. However, clarification is often more of an unfolding than a thinking about sort of thing. So this may or may not come during the Blogathon. Either way that’s OK.
2. I would like to get my head around how to use the galleries function of WordPress/the current theme.
3. Then upload the photos of paintings I had taken last year.
4. I would like to go through all the ideas I’ve collected and organise them better so, for example, I know which challenges occur on which days and which actions are to do with traffic etc.
5. I would like to take a couple of mini challenges.
There are loads of other things I could add to this list such as sorting out a background and making a header but I doubt I’ll have time to get around to them.
So . . . I’m going to take myself off to the local cafe and get started . . .